Monday, August 20, 2012

T-Minus One Week, Five Days

Hello all. I'll be starting school in a short period of time, and at that time I'll give the true inaugural post, and then after that the big weekly posts along with the stuff in between.

Until then, I'll give a brief introduction of myself.

I'm Nick. I'm eighteen years old, an aspiring film director, avid New York Yankees fan, less avid FC Barcelona/New York Red Bulls/Argentina National team football fan, and a terrible dancer. I listen to all sorts of music, I'm half Italian, a quarter Argentine, and one quarter white trash.

I could tell you anything you could possibly want to know about American history, but don't add me to do anything more than simple division. I find science fascinating but I can't wrap my brain around half of it.

I'm quite opinionated when it comes to art and pop culture (and there's a fine line between those two things). I believe in detailed shots, good writing and better directing. I believe in Kubrick, Spielberg, Wilder, Soderbergh, Refn, and I want to believe in more of the old guard whose work I desperately need to view.

I believe in a constitutional amendment against astroturf and the designated hitter.

I believe films are an integral part of society, both as entertainment and as social commentary (whether intentional or not).

I believe Saturday Night Live hasn't been funny for some time now, and that Fallon, Ferguson, Stewart and Colbert are the only comedians worth watching on TV anymore.

I believe in the power of a voice and a guitar working together to create something magical.

You'll learn loads more about me as I post, and I look forward to your readership and even your feedback. See you all down the line!

Cheers,

Nick.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about what awesome things you learn at school - please share them with me, I've been getting ideas to make a documentary :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hi, I'm Nick. This blog is exactly what it sounds like: a weekly update of the things i've learned in film school (or rather, Montclair State University's filmmaking program). I'll post some odd musings, film criticism, essays on film, and some other stuff like baseball, pop culture, soem interesting stuff from around the nets and stuff like that. Sound fun?